24 August 2008

Can you tell me how to get...

Sesame Street has always been awesome. I credit Sesame Street for telling me it was ok to be different, but that it might be difficult so get your shit in order. Not in those words, specifically, but the subtext is there. I haven't watched it in years, but I might have to start, especially with all the hilarity ensuing with pop artists singing versions of their songs with muppets. I. Love. It.

Feist is All Clever with Her Counting:



1-2-3-4 Chickens just back from the shore! Wearing sunglasses! Oh my god I almost peed my pants.

REM Kicking With Some Monsters:



FURRY HAPPY MONSTERS! If this wasn't awesome I would hate it. But it is awesome. My favorite part is when they are all sad, and then all the sudden the decide to be happy again. Michael Stipe sagely consels “Come on monsters! You don't have to cry! We can be happy!” And then they all start doing that muppet dance which consists of waving their heads from side to side violently. Oh Michael Stipe, if only that worked in real life.

That Tease, The Letter Y:



Here Norah Jones was getting it on with the letter Y. And I'll tell you, wearing those tight clothes, I can see why that Y was so damn attractive. But can't she see he is clearly gay?

Sometimes I wish I had kids just so I could force them to like the things that I think are hilarious.

Shout out to two hilarious dudes who don't know who I am: Josh and Josh, from the fantastic blog Josh & Josh are Rich and Famous. They alerted me to feist counting chickens, and I am eternally grateful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In honor of the Feist/Sesame Street crossover, here are 4 observations:

1. The irony is not lost on me that it took Feist being on Sesame Street for her to learn how to count. 5, 6, 9, and 10? Come on!

2. That's the best camera work Sesame Street has ever done.

3. I think we saw those vacationing chickens last year in Atlantic City.

4. They should release these songs on iTunes. People (ahem, you and me) would buy them.

echidna girl said...

Hi Badger - Have you seen this one? I've been lovin' the Sesame songsters for a few years (having a kid for an excuse). I'm not normally into him but the triangles make me want to sob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZLEElo-zkA

- Echidna

HRH King Friday XIII, Ret. said...

those boys are CUTE. totally bookmarking.

echidna girl said...

http://aymorama.blogspot.com/

In a fit of shameless pandering to inspire you to write another blog piece (argh...I miss the Badger!), I am sending you the above link. Hope it's enjoyable, if not inspiring.

cheers, Echidna