27 January 2009

SNOWTASTROPHY!

Oh hai, blog. Yeah, it's been awhile.

The following things have happened:

I returned from the midwest without accidentally buying a house, again.
I quit my job.
I watched Black Jesus take office on Jan 20.
J. finally got back from Thailand.

I promise an entire blog post on each one of those topics this week. That's right! Four!

For the present, it's snowing and snowing and snowing, with the explicit promise of ICE and FREEZING RAIN tonight! And because this is DC, there is an implicit promise that when I go to Safeway this afternoon a woman in a parka will be fighting a woman wearing flip flops for the last roll of toilet paper because SNOW IS THE END OF THE WORLD.
Run from the falling death! And have some hot cocoa!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have lived in DC too long..you figured out the secret.

because SNOW IS THE END OF THE WORLD.

HRH King Friday XIII, Ret. said...

Yay! I love you, Badger, but you already know that.

Anonymous said...

Snow in MD/DC = Snow days. That is good.

Anonymous said...

Where are the follow-ups!?!?! Your public demands more!