01 March 2007

I Dream of Orca Whales. Not Really.

Do you know what makes a person feel real good at the end of winter? To wake up and feel that it's over. I know that, in the near future, somehow the great cosmos will conspire to dump a foot of snow on me and kill all the spring greens, but yet work will still not be cancelled. But we're almost out of the woods. Like a terrorizing moment in a vampire movie, we're scared, but the sun is rising. Take that winter.

This morning it felt like it was over. I biked to work (that's right, all five miles of it- everyone act like I am a hero now...), I had old Regina Spektor on the earphones, I was even doing that thing down sixteenth street where you ride real fast and then put your legs out in front of you and yell "WWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!". I did that until a police car, which was behind me with me knowing it, squawked it's siren at me.

Whatever Po-Po. Winter is over. I'm going to be doing that a lot now.

1 comments:

MB said...

Spring arrived in Virginia yesterday. What was the first sign I received? The sun beating down? The chirping birds? No, it was that the frozen dog poop on my deck had finally thawed enough to be scraped off. Aaaah, Spring.